Monday, May 12, 2008

Day off/Manicotti/Frustration


Hello!

I had a pretty good day today because I had the day off of work- yayyy! I cleaned the whole house, went to spinning, and made some delicious manicotti. The only bad part of my day was trying on the dresses and skirts I ordered online. I ordered the same size in 2 dresses and a skirt. The first dress was huge, the second fit perfect, and the last was a little small. Now what is up with that- arghhh. Oh well :) I'm glad the one dress fits- its very cute! Any who here is the incredible lower fat recipe I used for the manicotti:

Ingredients:

8 ounces manicotti (6 shells), uncooked
1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup reduced fat egg substitute, beaten
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/3 cup fat free mozarella cheese 2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (26 ounce) jar low fat, spaghetti sauce
Grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Prepare pasta according to directions and drain. In medium bowl, blend ricotta, Parmesan, half of the mozzarella, egg substitute and green onions.

Stir in parsley and pepper.

Stuff pasta with cheese mixture.

Spoon a layer of pasta sauce in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and arrange filled manicotti on top of the sauce.

Pour remaining tomato sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and the remaining mozarella.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, I love manicotti!

sounds like me with clothes! I have things anywhere from a size 0 to a size 12! And some of them are the same brands! Weird.