Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cream of Caulifower Soup


Yayyy my taping is over! I think it went pretty well. Once I got home from Body Step I made some delicious cream of cauliflower soup. I made it with mostly 1% milk and some cream. I made it based on this recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1748,157177-249201,00.html

Cream of Cauliflower

1 (16 oz.) bag cauliflower
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. onion
1 (16 oz.) can chicken broth
4 tbsp. margarine or butter substitute
4 tbsp. flour
2 1/2 c. milk (skim or 1%)
1/2 c. dairy cream
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (or desired amount)
1/2 c. ground Parmesan cheese

Combine vegetables and chicken broth. Heat to boiling, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes. In a medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add flour, mix, then add milk and cream to make a white sauce. Stir sauce into vegetable mixture and add basil and ground red pepper. Heat until soup thickens, 20 minutes. Stir every once in a while. In last five minutes, add ground cheese.

I served my soup with low fat bread sticks.


No comments: