Monday, April 25, 2011

E: Vegetarian Crock Pot Baked Beans & Easter

   How was your weekend? Ours was really nice. Yesterday, we celebrated Easter at our house with a feast! My Mom, Aunt & I each prepared a few dishes for the occasion. I made pulled pork:

IMG_1936

IMG_1941

Vegetarian crock pot baked beans (recipe below):

IMG_1947

  Desserts (sunflower butter cookies, chocolate chip brownies & tarts):IMG_1938

These AMAZING tarts were made by Tina and were leftover from my shower. They were a huge hit again on Easter. Thank you so much Tina!!

IMG_1939

My Aunt brought a massive platter of shrimp:

IMG_1940

My Mom made a warm chicken salad (I must get this recipe):

IMG_1942

My Mom’s strawberry spinach salad:

IMG_1943

Amazing fruit (my Aunt also knows I’m a fruit addict ;)):

IMG_1944

And My Mom’s sweet potato fries:IMG_1946

My Aunt also brought coleslaw that I didn’t get a picture of. There were TONS of leftovers, but it was all so good!! I am a huge fan of pot luck meals. I’m just not a fancy, sit down dinner kind of girl (95% of the time). What about you?

Vegetarian Crock Pot Baked Beans

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 gloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 cans great northern or other white bean (DO NOT drain)
  • 1/2 can black beans, drained
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 cup crushed tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red peppers
  • 1 cup corn

Directions:

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are just starting to turn translucent.

Transfer onions/garlic into a crock pot and add all remaining ingredients except corn. Mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours. In the last half hour of cooking, add in corn.

Printable Recipe

No comments: