Tuesday, April 12, 2011

E: Oak Steakhouse

  On Saturday night, Josh and I went out for a special date in Charleston to Oak Steakhouse.

IMG_1801

  Josh and I are HUGE Grill 225 fans (see posts here and here and here), so we have been hesitant to try any of the other popular steak spots in Charleston. Oak is situated on three levels in a very cool building. We ate on the top floor:

IMG_1803

We arrived a little early in the evening, so the restaurant was almost completely empty.

I was a little disappointed by their bread selection. They brought Italian bread to the table which just fails in comparison to the amazing bread basket at Grill 225. However, the bread was still warm and crusty.

Josh started with a Caesar salad without the fishies. The portion was HUGE and the fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano on top was fantastic:

IMG_1804

For dinner, Josh got the filet mignon which, according to him, was cooked perfectly:IMG_1805

 IMG_1808

I got the chopped salad without the prosciutto + a crab cake. The heirloom tomatoes in the salad were local and were outstanding. The crab cake was massive and full of lump crab. I think the crab cake was the best part of the whole dinner!

IMG_1806

We also split a side of whipped potatoes which were yummy, but a little salty for my liking.

IMG_1807

Overall, we had a good experience at Oak. The staff was amazing. BUT…225 still ranks supreme!

Oak Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

Do you like fancy restaurants? I’m not usually a fancy restaurant kind of girl, but I think they’re nice for special occasions.

No comments: