Sunday, April 10, 2011

E: Vegan Chocolate (Carob), Chocolate Chip Muffins & Pregnancy VLOG

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend! Ours has been great- more details and pictures from the weekend to come tomorrow. 

On Saturday morning, we launched Body Step, Pump and re-launched Body Attack. The event was packed and was a big success! I always bring baked goods to the instructors, and this time I tried my hand at creating vegan chocolate, chocolate chip muffins. I used carob powder my friend Kelley brought me from London and the result was deliciousness!

Vegan Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Muffins: 

Dry Ingredients:

  • 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup carob or cocoa powder (thanks Kelley!)

 IMG_1768

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoon ground flax
  • 1 cup almond or regular milk
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 350º
  • Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside
  • Mix wet ingredients in one bowl, dry in another
  • Combine wet & dry ingredients

IMG_1766 

  • Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, distributing evenly
  • Bake until center of muffin is fully cooked (~15 minutes for minis, 26 minutes for full sized muffins).
  • Let cool for a few minutes in the pan and then remove to a cooling rack
  • This makes ~ 28 mini muffins

  IMG_1770

IMG_1771

Pregnancy Update:  Week 24

 IMG_1782 

I hope you guys like the VLOG! It was my first attempt! Next time, I promise the camera will bounce around less, I will put a little more effort into my outfit , say um less, and I will look into the camera more ;):

AND the winner of The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches cook book giveaway is….Naomi!!! Naomi- email me at itzyskitchen at gmail dot com and your cook book will be sent to you :)

What are you up to today?

No comments: