Happy Friday!! Any big plans? Like I mentioned before, we have lots of family & friends in town. Saturday is my baby shower (I can’t wait!!) and Sunday we’re doing Easter at our house. Should be a lot of fun.
Thank you all for you asparagus and squash recommendations from my last post. Some future meals I will be making include:
- Spring risotto (as suggested by Natalie)
- Vegetable lasagna (as suggested by Kelly)
- Grilled veggie wrap (as suggested by Lindsay)
Salah and Laura Allen both suggested a bake of sorts….so I went with it and created my own dish!
Light Turkey, Asparagus & Squash Casserole
Note: next time, I would make this with a little marinara mixed in vs. the 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. I think that would be fantastic!
- 3 medium squash, sliced (1/4-1/2” thick)
- Bundle of asparagus (~18 stalks, chopped into bite sized pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (divided, 1/2, 1/2)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning (or similar seasoning, divided, 1, 1/2)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (divided 1/4, 1/4)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey, 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Break apart turkey and cook through.
In a large bowl, mix together squash, asparagus, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, remaining quantities of Mrs. Dash and garlic powder, turkey & parmesan cheese.
Spray casserole dish or dishes with non stick spray. Pour in mixture and top with bread crumbs.
I used these fun souped up bowls from Rachael Ray that my MIL got for me!
Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
I ate mine as is with a fruit salad on the side. I tossed Josh’s on top of brown rice for bulk.
And a BIGGGGG thank you to Maria and Josh for the adorable outfit they sent for little Itzy :). SO cute :)
Enjoy your weekend :)