Monday, April 18, 2011

E: New Belgium Brewing Company Beer Bread & Steak Sandwich

Josh and I are both beer fans (well, my fan-age is being put on 100% hold during pregnancy- but NORMALLY, haha). Food Buzz and New Belgium Brewing Company recently gave me the opportunity to create a dish that either features or pairs well with a New Belgium beer (disclaimer: I received a stipend from Food Buzz and New Belgium to purchase the items to make this recipe).  I was super excited and instantly knew which beer I would use, Fat Tire:

  IMG_1829

IMG_1830

IMG_1832

Josh orders this beer on the regular when we go out, and I couldn’t wait to put together a recipe that both FEATURES and PAIRS WELL with Fat Tire. I got to thinking and decided on a beer bread and beer marinated steak sandwich.  For the bread, I looked to blog world. I found this amazing Easy & Cheesy Beer Bread from Farmgirl Fare.  I replaced the dill with chives and Fat Tire was my beer of choice. The dry mixture:

  IMG_1838            

Adding in the Fat Tire:

IMG_1839

IMG_1841

IMG_1843

The final dough:

 IMG_1845

The final product:

IMG_1849

IMG_1850

 IMG_1851

YUM! This bread is amazing.

Next, I put together the marinade based on a recipe I came up with:

Fat Tire Steak Marinade

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • ¾ cup Fat Tire beer
  • ½ lemon, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak seasoning
  • 1 lb flank or sirloin steak (you can either marinade the whole steak or cut into strips, depending on how you’re going to cook the steak)

 IMG_1833 

Directions:

Mix together first 5 ingredients.

 IMG_1836

Add steak, cover with plastic wrap, and allow steak to marinade for at least four hours (or longer!!). Prepare steak. Steak can be either grilled, broiled, or cut into strips and cooked in a skillet with just a touch of oil.

Printable Recipe

IMG_1859   

To assemble the final sandwich, I toasted up two slices of the beer bread. I then placed the marinated steak, chopped jalapenos and Monterrey jack cheese slices on top. I placed the bread under the broiler for just a minute to melt the cheese. The result:

 IMG_1860

IMG_1862

IMG_1864

Turned out great! Thank you Food Buzz and New Belgium for the opportunity to make this tasty meal ;).

Are you a beer fan?

2 comments:

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather said...

Jacob and I are both beer fans (him a bit more) and we're actually taking a beer brewing class on Wednesday. I can't wait!

Those recipes sound delicious. One I bet the man could even make!

beer said...

beer