Wednesday, April 13, 2011

E: Schwan’s Italian Dinner & Roasted Frozen Broccoli

How is your week going? This week is feeling a little whirlwind like, but has been all good so far :). I wanted to share with you the dinner party we had on Friday night, courtesy of Schwan’s (disclaimer: we received the Schwan’s frozen products for free from the company).

Schwan’s recently sent Mandi and I an Italian feast including baked ziti:

IMG_1784

 Five cheese garlic bread:

IMG_1785

 Broccoli and dessert (more on the dessert later):IMG_1786

  For dinner, I roasted up the frozen broccoli with just a touch of olive oil and a generous sprinkling of Mrs. Dash tomato, basil, garlic seasoning:IMG_1783

I roasted the broccoli at 350 for approximately 45 minutes. This was my first time roasting a frozen vegetable and I really enjoyed the outcome:

IMG_1789 

I cooked the bread according to the directions, and served it on a large platter with sliced apple:

  IMG_1793

Although I am usually a homemade bread kind of gal, this bread was cheesy deliciousness! Bryan and Josh easily finished over 3/4 of what is shown below.

IMG_1794

  The ziti was also cooked according to package directions, and was thrown under the broiler at the end for a little extra browning.  Josh noted this is the best frozen pasta he's ever had:

IMG_1798

For dessert, Schwan’s sent us chocolate ice cream:

 IMG_1787

Which was enjoyed with homemade almond butter chocolate chip cookies:

IMG_1788

Although I wouldn’t make frozen meals a daily occurrence, it was really nice to have a tasty meal ready in almost no-time and with little effort. Do you like frozen meals? What are some of your favorites? Ever tried any of Schwan’s products? I love that they deliver right to your home (how convenient!).

Thank you again Schwan’s for the great & easy dinner!!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I used to order from Schwans. Since I moved I haven't because I don't think they are in Chicago. I will need to look that up.

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather said...

I absolutely loved having produce delivered to my house. It's so convenient and fun! Never had anything else sent to me, but i'm sure i'd love it too.

Looks like a super easy meal to throw together. Hope you have a great (almost) weekend girl!