Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Josh Creation and more stirfry!

First off, thank you for all of your comments on my food list! As you can see, when you have a big, gym going husband, you need a LOT of food! :)

I am so glad today is over! I started my day off on the right foot and took Body Flow for the first time. According to the Les Mills website:

"BODYFLOW™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance."

It was definitely the best Yoga type workout I've ever taken! But still yoga is a once in a while activity for me! I think it is sooo good for your body but its a little slow for me :(. Any who, work went ok and then I came home and did some house work and practiced Body Step. Josh came home and while I was getting dinner together he made a "snack" he wanted me to share with you:

Ingredients:
1 can chunk tuna light in water(drained)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp montreal steak seasoning
desired amount of hot sauce (or buffalo sauce)




Mix all together and enjoy! Josh promises its delicious! I'm not a tuna fan, so you will have to let me know if you try it :)

For dinner tonight, I made another stir fry. I cooked up some chicken until no longer pink (you can do this in either a bit of olive oil or pam). Add vegis, cook until tender. Add in favorite stir fry sauce, enjoy!








I can't get enough stir fry! How was your day? Oh and thank you for all of the wonderful pumpkin pie ideas! You guys are the best!

20 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

BodyFlow sounds FANTASTIC!!

Looove stir-fry dishes.

My day was frustrating - I cannot WAIT until Friday...

Meghann said...

Body Flow sounds like quite a work out. I wonder if they offer that around here. I will have to check :)

HangryPants said...

I had a good day, thanks for asking! Excellent stir fry! I can't get enough either.

Good job Josh! If I liked tuna, I would definitely try it out. :)

Gina said...

bodyflow sounds like a wonderful workout! yoga is a little slow for me, but i love pilates, so i think i would like it!
your stir fries always look incredible!!
enjoy your night!

Erin of Care to Eat said...

If you want a serious crazy yoga experience, I recommend ashtanga.
Go Josh! So creative!
My day was long. I need a day off. By the way, I love that you ask that. It's sweet!

just me said...

Mmmm! stir fry looks great! i love the peas you used in your stirfry! i wish they weren't so expensive or i would use them in mine!

and my day was pretty good, glad yours wasn't too bad either!

Jenn said...

I love that Josh creates recipes, too. I tried BodyFlow awhile back and loved how it made me feel. Unfortunately they don't have it at my gym yet. :(

eatingbender said...

I agree that with you about yoga and think that I might just like pilates better :o)

Hehe, I'm not a tuna fan either, but I will share Josh's recipe with my friends who are - thanks Josh!

That stir-fry looks amazing! I think stir-fry has to be one of my top five favorite dinners.

And by the way, I just want to let you know that I am definitely still eating snacks with my three-meal-a-day challenge! There's no way I could not eat between meals! My point with the challenge is to make the between-meal snacks smaller and the actual meals larger because I prefer it that way compared to a bunch of medium-sized snacks all day. I just wanted to clarify so you didn't think I was insane ;o)

Sharon said...

I actually might try that tuna you suggested! it sounds tasty, and i loooovveee tuna!

Great post!

Esi said...

I like yoga, but I prefer Pilates...not that I have been doing much of either lately :)

MizFit said...

Im such an odd one that the tuna looks GREAT TO ME.

CDlover said...

Body Flow sounds awesome! I like yoga, too, but like you I think it's pretty slow paced. LOVE Pilates. We get things here like months (years?) after everyone else, so I'll look for it to come here next year. :-)

I must be reallllly hungry because that tuna stuff really looks good!

Bridget said...

I wish I went to a better gym with better classes...but alas this one is cheaper. Haha that's such a guy snack...steak seasoning and hot sauce!

The stir fry looks delish! I haven't made stir fry in a long time and it's such a great way to get lots of veggies!

Maria said...

I try to do yoga every now and then but I am with you. I need more cardio in my life:)
The stir fry looks great and tell Josh nice snack:)

lauren said...

your stirfry looks awesome! what stir fry sauce so you use?

jenngirl said...

I would love to do Bodyflow, I am a big fan of all pilates/yoga type activities. Gotta work that core!

Lovin' that stir fry, sugar snap peas? Yum.

Just living for the weekend over here, have a great day!!

Lori said...

I take a class here in Brazil that is the same combo called Body Balance, a Les Mills program. Oh my gosh I love it! I used to feel the same way about yoga, but I've really grown to like the combo with the Tai Chi and Pilates.

Zesty Cook said...

Excellent stiry fry - I use the same franks hot sauce... thanks for sharing

zesty

loveofoats said...

i agree about yoga - i definitely need to do it more often but i hate the slow pace :)

you just gave me a dinner idea for next week that is easy & quick & looks delicious :)

shopping blog said...

The curve of pandora jewelry the end of the ironing board to Pandora charms act as the shoulder. Now, mist pandora bracelets and charms the shirt with your spray bottle and then buy Pandora you start ironing over the front of the discount pandora bracelets shirt. When you approach the part of Pandora necklace the shirt that has the buttons on the pandora necklace beads edges, you pull the bottom part of the shirt taught and then work against Pandora necklace sale the direction you are pulling at with the iron. Next you will then proceed to pull the shoulder taught by cheap pandora charms once again pulling the end of the shirt so that you can iron the front of the shirt where your pectoral muscles would be.