Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Josh Creation and more stirfry!

First off, thank you for all of your comments on my food list! As you can see, when you have a big, gym going husband, you need a LOT of food! :)

I am so glad today is over! I started my day off on the right foot and took Body Flow for the first time. According to the Les Mills website:

"BODYFLOW™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance."

It was definitely the best Yoga type workout I've ever taken! But still yoga is a once in a while activity for me! I think it is sooo good for your body but its a little slow for me :(. Any who, work went ok and then I came home and did some house work and practiced Body Step. Josh came home and while I was getting dinner together he made a "snack" he wanted me to share with you:

Ingredients:
1 can chunk tuna light in water(drained)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp montreal steak seasoning
desired amount of hot sauce (or buffalo sauce)




Mix all together and enjoy! Josh promises its delicious! I'm not a tuna fan, so you will have to let me know if you try it :)

For dinner tonight, I made another stir fry. I cooked up some chicken until no longer pink (you can do this in either a bit of olive oil or pam). Add vegis, cook until tender. Add in favorite stir fry sauce, enjoy!








I can't get enough stir fry! How was your day? Oh and thank you for all of the wonderful pumpkin pie ideas! You guys are the best!

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

BodyFlow sounds FANTASTIC!!

Looove stir-fry dishes.

My day was frustrating - I cannot WAIT until Friday...

Anonymous said...

Body Flow sounds like quite a work out. I wonder if they offer that around here. I will have to check :)

HangryPants said...

I had a good day, thanks for asking! Excellent stir fry! I can't get enough either.

Good job Josh! If I liked tuna, I would definitely try it out. :)

Unknown said...

bodyflow sounds like a wonderful workout! yoga is a little slow for me, but i love pilates, so i think i would like it!
your stir fries always look incredible!!
enjoy your night!

Anonymous said...

If you want a serious crazy yoga experience, I recommend ashtanga.
Go Josh! So creative!
My day was long. I need a day off. By the way, I love that you ask that. It's sweet!

Trying To Heal said...

Mmmm! stir fry looks great! i love the peas you used in your stirfry! i wish they weren't so expensive or i would use them in mine!

and my day was pretty good, glad yours wasn't too bad either!

Jenn said...

I love that Josh creates recipes, too. I tried BodyFlow awhile back and loved how it made me feel. Unfortunately they don't have it at my gym yet. :(

Anonymous said...

I agree that with you about yoga and think that I might just like pilates better :o)

Hehe, I'm not a tuna fan either, but I will share Josh's recipe with my friends who are - thanks Josh!

That stir-fry looks amazing! I think stir-fry has to be one of my top five favorite dinners.

And by the way, I just want to let you know that I am definitely still eating snacks with my three-meal-a-day challenge! There's no way I could not eat between meals! My point with the challenge is to make the between-meal snacks smaller and the actual meals larger because I prefer it that way compared to a bunch of medium-sized snacks all day. I just wanted to clarify so you didn't think I was insane ;o)

Anonymous said...

I actually might try that tuna you suggested! it sounds tasty, and i loooovveee tuna!

Great post!

Esi said...

I like yoga, but I prefer Pilates...not that I have been doing much of either lately :)

Anonymous said...

Im such an odd one that the tuna looks GREAT TO ME.

Holly said...

Body Flow sounds awesome! I like yoga, too, but like you I think it's pretty slow paced. LOVE Pilates. We get things here like months (years?) after everyone else, so I'll look for it to come here next year. :-)

I must be reallllly hungry because that tuna stuff really looks good!

Bridget said...

I wish I went to a better gym with better classes...but alas this one is cheaper. Haha that's such a guy snack...steak seasoning and hot sauce!

The stir fry looks delish! I haven't made stir fry in a long time and it's such a great way to get lots of veggies!

Maria said...

I try to do yoga every now and then but I am with you. I need more cardio in my life:)
The stir fry looks great and tell Josh nice snack:)

lauren said...

your stirfry looks awesome! what stir fry sauce so you use?

Anonymous said...

I would love to do Bodyflow, I am a big fan of all pilates/yoga type activities. Gotta work that core!

Lovin' that stir fry, sugar snap peas? Yum.

Just living for the weekend over here, have a great day!!

Lori said...

I take a class here in Brazil that is the same combo called Body Balance, a Les Mills program. Oh my gosh I love it! I used to feel the same way about yoga, but I've really grown to like the combo with the Tai Chi and Pilates.

Zesty Cook said...

Excellent stiry fry - I use the same franks hot sauce... thanks for sharing

zesty

Anonymous said...

i agree about yoga - i definitely need to do it more often but i hate the slow pace :)

you just gave me a dinner idea for next week that is easy & quick & looks delicious :)