Monday, October 27, 2008

Blogger Week Post #5 and Food List

So I totally missed that I had my 200th post yesterday! Yayyy how exciting :) I love blogging, mostly because of you ;)

How was your day? Mine was great! I found out I don't have to travel on Thursday/Friday yayyy. After work, I did a bunch of stuff around the place, including giving the frankster a bath. I knew I was going to take Body Attack tonight and then I have practice for our Body Step Launch. Given this, I figured I would make dinner before I left so that it was ready for Josh when he gets home from work and for me when I get home from the gym.


For dinner tonight, I decided to try a recipe from Hangry Pants (the title of this blog always cracks me up). I love Mark and Heather's posts- they both present great and different points of view on many topics. I also really enjoy reading about all of their challenges! Heather recently made up an amazing looking dinner of BBQ Tofu, Apples, Sweet Potatoes & Wheatberries for BSI. I immediately book marked the recipe for blogger week. I changed out the tofu for chicken and sweet potato for regular potato (since Josh isn't a sweet tato fan). I also couldn't find wheatberries at Harris Teeter this weekend, so I used Kashi rice pilaf. The result- beautiful and tasty! Thanks Heather for such an awesome combo!

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
BBQ sauce
1/2 cup uncooked wheatberries or rice
1 medium white onion
garlic
Olive Oil
1 medium granny smith apple
1 medium potato (or several smaller potatoes)

Directions:

Bake chicken in oven for 25 minutes at 350 (or until no longer pink). Shred and mix with 2 tablespoons bbq sauce.


Make Apple Mix: Cube onion, apple and potato so they are the same size. After cubing potato, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and bake for about 20 minutes (until almost crisp enough for you). While potato is cooking, saute the onion and 1 garlic clove (chopped) in 1 cap of olive oil until soft. Add apple and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Take off the heat and add (cooked) potato and 1 T of BBQ sauce. Mix together over low heat.

Cook wheatberries or rice according to package directions.

Mix all together and ENJOY!





I also wanted to post my food list for this week:

Produce
2 small onions
1 Large bag of apples
1 Granny Smith Apple
2 Bananas
1 small bag of white potatoes
1 bag of butternut squash cubed
1 orange
Fruit for lunches (more apples, pears)
Garlic
Frozen Strawberries
Frozen cherries
Frozen vegis for lunches and for enchiladas

Packaged/Canned Items
Vegi oil
Confectioners sugar
Granulated Sugar
Whole Wheat Flour
Lemon Juice
8 oz tomato sauce
Enchilada sauce
Rice
2 cans pumpkin puree
Bars for Josh’s lunch (Caribou coffee)
Snacks for Josh’s lunch (tortilla chips- multigrain, goldfish)

Meat
Chicken

Dairy
Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
Butter
Eggs
Sour Cream
Cream Cheese
Cool whip elite
Milk
Yogurt (1 large, minis for lunches)
Non fat frozen yogurt
1% milk

Miscellaneous
Tortillas
Pizza Dough
Disposable pie tin (my pie plates are in storage)
Diet Soda (for Josh’s lunches)
Water
Crystal Lite packets
Gum

For Dinners:
Bbq chicken calzones

Desserts- Pumpkin cupcakes and apple pie with oatmeal crust
Chicken with warm quinoa salad
Pancakes- oatmeal and pumpkin
Shrimp Enchiladas
BBQ Chicken and Apple Casserole
1 more dinner- tbd

Hope you have a good night ;)

28 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy belated 200th post!! So exciting!!

Loving the food list!!

Aww, Frank is such a handsome fella.

All afternoon, I've been going, "IT'S ERICA, ERICA, ERICA... NOT MELISSA!" :-D

Esi said...

Wow! You're a blogging superstar! Congrats on 200 posts! Lovely dinner as usual!

Anonymous said...

200 posts!! congrats!

yay for a hangry pants recipe (love the blog name too) :D it looks quite delectable.

Anonymous said...

I love the desserts on your list. :) That's so great that you meal plan them!
That dinner looks beautiful. Heather and Mark are so cool.
As are you!
Thanks for Frank! I LOVE HIM! When I see his face I just think about how good he must smell. I LOVE the smell of warm, cuddly pups.

Unknown said...

congrats on the big 2-0-0!!! amazing girl :) and how i wish i had a frank!!!

Trying To Heal said...

yay for the 200th post!!!! i hope to def see 200+ more!!!!!!!!!!

lovely dinner too!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm def have to try this asap - so simply yet so hearty :)

congrats on the 200th post!

Becca said...

Happy 200th post!

HangryPants said...

Oooh, so glad you liked it. You made me want to make it all over again!

Congrats on 200 posts. I love your blog, so please get to 400!

Nazarina A said...

You have a grocery list That I shall just copy and your chicken dish sounds delish!

Neesha and Dustin said...

Wow. What scrumptious looking/sounding food! I will have to visit your blog more often!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

oh~~~~~~~~ you keep a food list? Are you going to eat all those foods?
I could never do that....since everyone I crave different things!
But good that you can do that, because you can make sure to get a balanced and nutritious diet.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

oh~~~~~ I forgot to congrat you on 200 posts!!!! I have many many to go yet~~~~~

Jenn said...

Frank looks so snuggly and clean!!!

I love that kashi pilaf, too. :)

Unknown said...

i love the grocery lists!! i'm going to need your help packing my hubbys lunches when he gets back-- i felt like i always packed him the SAME things to take every day.
happy belated 20th post!!
i <3 frank

Erica said...

Thank you all :)

Holly said...

Ahhh - Frank is SUCH a doll baby!! What a sweet face.

Happy (belated) 200th post!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, how I love that face!!!! I think Baylee and Frank would love each other - they could snuzzle their wrinkled up faces together :)

Congrats on the 200th post - Loves it!!!

Maria said...

Happy 200! That is awesome!! Keep it up!
Love your food lists and the dinner looks tasty!!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

yayayayayyyyyyyy! congrats on 200 posts, and thanks for sharing ur list with us!

Anonymous said...

Yay for 200 posts!! I love that dinner, looks like you made some easy variations to it for what you had on hand :)

Lori said...

Ha, ha, ha! Love the Frank picture. Tell him Macy says hi. I think he might be a bit young for her. Hopefully he likes older women. :)

Congrats on the 200 posts! That is great! Love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Yay for 200 posts... Frank is such a sweet looking guy!

Heather said...

yum! this looks great! I love Kashi anything! And, cute pupster!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to pick up some of that pilaf - it looks so good!

Sarah said...

You are a rockstar cutie!!

Unknown said...

hey erica, sorry i haven't tried posting anything tonight!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 200th post!! The blogging world is so much better because you're in it. Seriously - just the fact that you've taken the time to recreate others blogger's recipes shows how much you care...and we care about you, too!!

I remember Heather's BSI recipe!! It looks so incredible! I definitely want to try it :o)

Ooh, and I just got caught up on this week's BSI - CONGRATS on being chosen, you are so worthy! And I love that you picked pears...I'll have to pick some up and get to work!!