Monday, October 27, 2008

Blogger Day #4

Hi again! Today was an ok day on this end. I was really excited because the head group fitness instructor at the gym emailed me saying that she is going to give me a class! It will be an every other week class and I am thrilled! Yayyy!! On the yucky end, I found out I have to travel on Thursday and Friday. That means blogger week is going to get cut short by one post=boooo!

Tonight, I got in a nice run outside and practiced body step. I also made this Enchilada meal inspired by Chandra at Chandra's Shenanigan's. I <3 reading Chandra's posts. She puts up her meals, recipes, workouts, and her generally hilarious thoughts on various matters. I had never thought to make enchiladas with shrimp until I saw Chandra's post. Since Josh isn't a big fan of peppers, I used a corn and kidney bean mix with tomato sauce and onions. I made some enchiladas with chicken and some with shrimp.

Ingredients:
Flat out wraps (cut in half to make tortillas or use tortillas!)
1/4 cup onion chopped
1 cup corn
1 cup kidney beans
~4-8 ounces tomato sauce
1 serving thawed cooked shrimp (cut into small pieces)
1 serving cooked chicken (shredded)
Enchilada sauce (desired amount)
Cumin , chili powder and other desired seasonings
Desired amount of shredded cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Place a small amount of olive oil in a skillet, add onion and cook until translucent. Add tomato sauce, corn, kidney beans and spices and cook until desired tenderness. Divide mixture in half and add 1/2 to chicken, 1/2 to shrimp. Place into tortillas, roll up, top with enchilada sauce and bake for 20-25 minutes. Yummmy!

20 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hang in there, Melissa!!!

Oh my, I LOVE the Chandra-inspired meal - yum!!

Krista said...

Those look great!

Esi said...

Yummy enchiladas!!!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooo i'll have to give this a whirl next time i make enchiladas!!! delish eats :) too funny we both made enchiladas - what can i say, great minds think alike haha...

GO PHILS :)

Anonymous said...

Those look beautiful!

Becca said...

Congrats on the class.

The enchiladas look soo good!

chandra said...

Yay for getting a class!! Woo!! :-)

And thanks for the shout out, I love the combo you used!

Unknown said...

Those look awesome :) i never had enchiladas much... i wonder why?!

Jenn said...

Congrats on the class! YAY!!!

And I heart enchiladas. That sauce is just so darn good.

Trying To Heal said...

great enchiladas!!!! delish!

Anonymous said...

Y.U.M. i've never made enchiladas before, this is obviously where to start!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!

and yes, as always, I need to say my husband SO IS NEVER ALLOW TO READ YOUR BLOG.

Anonymous said...

love the Flat-Out wraps! I put scrambled egg beaters and low fat cheese in mine.

Maria said...

Good luck on the class! Have fun traveling...I hope you are going some place fun!

Great minds think alike:) We loved our enchiladas and yours look wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I LOVE those enchiladas! I got the idea from Chandra too and I love them!

Have an awesome day sweets :)

Bridget said...

So fun that you were picked to host the BSI! Maybe I will actually have time to create something for this. Those enchilladas look delicious! I need to get some more shrimp in the mix of my life :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOLY GOODNESS, WHY DID I WRITE MELISSA?!?!???! I'm so sorry!!!! Totally an unconscious slip, Erica!!! Eeek, please don't hate me :0(

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Seriously, I did NOT forget your name, girl!! I have 3 midterms today, so my brain is a little cramped right now, haha :0)

Chocolate Shavings said...

That seems like a real heart-warming meal!

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing! I can't wait to try that!