Sunday, October 12, 2008

First time

Saturday was a busssssssssssssssy day. We were pretty much working extremely hard all day. We did find a little bit of time to go to the food store to get some food for the apartment! As soon as the food was in the pantry, I started cooking! First I baked up some of Tina's bars with chocolate chips:


Next, I made a stuffed potatoes for dinner. Josh picked out the potatoes at the store and found two of the biggest potatoes I have ever seen. We could both only make it through about half of our potatoes:

Today has been great so far! We slept in and then I went to the little gym in our apartment complex. It was my first time working out in literally a week! This is probably the longest I have ever gone without a workout! It felt great to sweat! I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 40 minutes on the elliptical and then did abs.
I also have some good news! I am meeting with the head group fitness instructor at the gym I want to work at on Wednesday. Apparently their only Turbo Kick instructor is pregnant and needs a replacement! They also are in need of a Body Step sub! I am thrilled...hopefully things will work out and I will have an opportunity to teach again soon!

11 comments:

chandra said...

Yay for getting to teach again soon!! That is super exciting! :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

Nicole said...

Nice! I hope it all goes well at the gym and you get to teach!

I spy sweet potatoes and black beans! Yum.

Danielle said...

Congrats on the workout and possible teaching job! Sounds like a great gym day :) wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

totally yummy dinner... i have to try that combo!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, the bars and the stuffed potatoes look SENSATIONAL!! Yum.

Hooray for the gym position!! Can't wait to find out how it goes :0)

Trying To Heal said...

hope the teaching works out!!!

and yay for tina's bars; i'm making them today too!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you'll be able to teach again soon!! Now if you could only teach in Chicago...

Yummy stuffed potatoes!! That looks awesome :o)

Anonymous said...

Well timed! :)
I'm glad the move went so well and that you guys are happy.

Esi said...

OOhh, hope the teaching opp works itself out and glad you are settling in to your new place!

Holly said...

Mmmmm....I LOVE black beans and potatoes! Those are right up my alley.

That is great that you might have an opportunity to teach! Isn't it weird how things work out like that?

CECIL said...

You are one busy bee!! :) I can eat black beans anytime!