Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm back!

Hello! I missed you all so much and am sooo happy to be back! The move went pretty well with just a few hiccups! My days went as follows:

Monday- After only four hours of sleep, Josh and I awoke to the packers! I worked from home with occasional interruptions to help Josh get things squared away with the movers. Josh's parents came down to help us move. Once the movers were done, we all went out to watch Josh play in his last softball game and then ran home to get some sleep!

Tuesday- Worked 5 hours and then came home and cleaned the house top to bottom and then packed up all the cars with the gear we would need in the apartments.

Wednesday- The big drive! We caravanned four cars down and I led the pack. We arrived at our temporary home- a one bedroom apartment and unpacked all of the cars. We ran to the food store to pick up some necessities and some dinner.

Thursday- We met the movers at the storage unit and spent about 5 hours with them packing up the unit. Unfortunately, a few of our favorite household items were broken but they're only things and can be replaced! The day concluded with a wonderful last dinner with Josh's parents. We also watched Zohan which was pretty funny.

Today- More setup activities around the apartment and appointments to get cable/internet/etc going. I also ran out to a nearby plantation (thats southern for farm ;) to pickup some fresh stuff for the house! I got tomatoes, pumpkins, apples, plums, brussel sprouts and honey wheatberry bread! The total tab for this was $11!



Frank has spent the past week confused and exhausted. Here I am in bed with the monster who is basically passed out haha-

For dinner tonight, Josh and I ran out to a local deli that was delicious! I got the salad bar and a large potato with bbq sauce. The salad bar was amazing! I got- romaine, cherry tomatoes, a little bit of pasta, chick peas, edamame, dried cranberries, broccoli, and an Asian dressing. I had a second small bowl of similar ingredients.

The potato was a monster. I ate about half and gave half to Josh.

I am sleepy sleepy! I think I may be meeting with the gym coordinator at my potential new gym tomorrow! I hope to at least get on the sub list to start! What are you guys up to this weekend??? I am just SOOOOOOOOO thrilled to be here! Living in the carolinas has been our dream for quite some time!

13 comments:

HangryPants said...

I'm glad everything went almost perfectly! It's so exciting for you to start this new phase of your life! I like the new design of the site, too. (At least I think it's new?)

Anonymous said...

YAY the move is over! How nice that you had actual movers to help you guys. What a sweet picture of you and Frank. I LOVE it. So nice to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, glad the move went well! Looks like your puppy enjoys that lovin you're giving him! So cute :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOOORAY, ERICA IS BACK!!! :0)

My oh my, what a week you've had!! Thank goodness you're already moved in, and can now enjoy yourself!! :0)

That photograph of you and Frank is so precious.

Holly said...

Yay! That is so exciting that it went well. Frank looks like SUCH a sweetheart. :-)

And the Carolinas? Can we say "jealous"? Our family used to go to Hilton Head every summer and it is just heaven down there.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

I love the re-design!

I'm glad the move went well!

Apples and Butter said...

Congrats on making the move! It takes time to get adjusted to a new place, but it's so exciting to discover all a new place has to offer isn't it?

Becca said...

Yay your back!

Glad the move went well!

Anonymous said...

awww congrats on the move and good luck resting up... i know how exhausting moving can be but at least you are "living your dreams out" :) enjoy it!

Esi said...

Congrats on the move, glad it all went well. Love the new site design!

Anonymous said...

glad your back!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that the move was pretty durn smooth! I also love the new slide layout! Yay - Erica's back!

The picture of you and Frank is so cute!

Jenn said...

Glad you're back! And SO excited for your new place and community! :)