Sunday, June 2, 2013

Meal Plan & New Goals

Hello! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!! We have done a good deal of relaxing this weekend (post travel), and are feeling good. I also taught at the gym, went for a nice run with Kay, baked these amazingly delicious cookies:

IMG_4127

and just enjoyed a lot of time with Josh & Kay.

 IMG_4125

IMG_4126 

Meal plan for the week:

  • Friday: Dinner at Josh’s parents
  • Saturday: Mexican style egg wraps at home (eggs cooked with green chilies, tossed in a tortilla with avocado and cheese), vegetables & fruit
  • Sunday: Dinner out with Friends
  • Monday: Stir fry with rice
  • Tuesday: BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches, fruit & vegetables
  • Wednesday: Shrimp & pasta bake
  • Thursday: Open- probably either grilled cheese or breakfast for dinner

What are you eating?

I’ve set a few new “goals” for myself. I’m working on stretching every day. I used to be super flexible and can feel the flexibility slipping away. My goal is to be able to do a split by the end of the summer :). A few other goals I’m tossing around are increasing my protein intake (I’ve gotten protein lazy) and potentially doing more speed work (running). What are your current goals?

9 comments:

onannasplate said...

I've been getting the urge to get back into running, so one of my goals for this summer is to start building my base back, and then hopefully do some fun races in the fall!


Love those swinging pics-- all kids are so cute when they're swinging!

Lori and Michelle said...

we need to stretch everyday too, a mini goal of ours. we try to do at least 5 minutes of it everyday. some days we do it longer but we try to stretch a little :)

Taylor Ryan said...

Great goals, and I have to say mine are pretty much the exact same. The flexibility isn't what it was when i was teaching gymnastics! And my protein is something we are trying to increase as I am increasing the intensity of my workouts. Another goal aside from speed work, is to experiment with my lifting schedule a bit. Should be interesting!

Singerinkitchen said...

Nice post! Goals....those are hard. When I set my mind to something and it does not work (like my body returning to its normal hormonal self) then I get bummed. A new goal is eating tons more salads with yummy toppings.

Heather Mursch said...

I think you know my goal is to be able to do unassisted pull-ups. Right now my goal is to get to 5 by the end of summer!
Work it, girl!

wearenotmartha said...

Those cookies look soooooo good!! My flexibility is horrible... I'm definitely getting better, but doubt a split is in my future :)


Sues

NewWeighofLife said...

I'm not flexible at all - it's terrible!! My goal right now is to stop rewarding my weight loss with food. So counterproductive!

janetha said...

love that big smile!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Those Mexican-style egg wraps sound AWESOME! I love Mexican-inspired foods :).