Monday, June 17, 2013

Father’s Day weekend & A Broccoli Slaw

This weekend went by too fast. They all do…but this one seemed to be over in a snap! We enjoyed a nice dinner in on Friday night and relaxed. I made vegan chickpea soup. I always forget how yummy it is!

Saturday morning, I took Step and then Kaylin & I met Josh at Collective Coffee (to kick off the Father’s day celebration). I tried an iced almond milk latte. SO good!

IMG_4217

Josh had his usual chorizo wrap:

 IMG_4219

The rest of the day was spent cooking, relaxing, cleaning, and pool-ing:

  IMG_4222

Sunday morning started with Chobani breakfast bowls:

IMG_4226

and then we headed up to my Aunt’s house to celebrate Father’s day with my parents, my Aunt, Uncle & Cousin:

I made a fun Asian broccoli slaw. It was pretty good, I would suggest making it ahead and letting it sit for a bit before serving. I used pumpkin seeds, walnuts & sunflower seeds (instead of just pumpkin seeds):

 IMG_4227

My Dad cooked up steaks while my Uncle/Cousin cooked up shrimp:

IMG_4229

We also had buffalo macaroni & cheese, pasta salad & amazing fresh fruit on the side:

 IMG_4230

and I made two different batches of cookies for dessert. It was an awesome meal.

After lunch, we played & swam:

IMG_4231

 IMG_4233 

This picture was extra awesome because I told Kaylin to go “sit with Daddy” so I could take a picture. She walked over, dragged a second chair next to his and climbed up on it.

IMG_4235

Love my little peanut!IMG_4238

I’m really bummed because I didn’t get a picture of my Dad & I :(. Next time!

Once we got home and relaxed a little bit, we headed out to more food ;) to celebrate Father’s day with Josh’s parents. Such a great weekend! Tell me what you did!!

No comments: