Monday, June 24, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza Crust (& Puppies & Practice)

Hope your week is off to a great start! Before I get to the pizza crust recipe, I wanted to share a few things:

1. I did my first run in my ProCompression socks I won from Stuft Mama

IMG_4250

Loved them! They’re really comfortable and not super heavy.

2. I have been learning lots of choreography. We launched half of Body Attack this AM and I’m launching the rest…on my own…tomorrow. Yikes:

IMG_4254

3. My Aunt got a puppy! She is so cute. Kaylin is in love with her:

IMG_4265

 IMG_4263

One of the items on my summer bucket list is to make 5 new recipes. Well, 1 down! A while back, I tried making cauliflower crust. Although it was yummy, it fell into a million pieces. I decided to give it another go, and used this recipe as my starting point:

IMG_4257

Ingredients:

  • 1 bag frozen cauliflower (16 oz)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:

Cook cauliflower through according to package directions (microwave, stovetop, whatever!). Add cooked cauliflower and garlic to a food processor, and process until no large chunks remain.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Add smashed cauliflower/garlic to a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients (I used my hands). Form into a ball and transfer to parchment paper. Gently press ball into a large circle/oval, just less than 1/4” thick. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until edges of crust are brown.

Remove from oven, top, place back in the oven for ~5 minutes.

EAT!

IMG_4258  

This was delicious! It has a SPICY kick. If you’re going to feed it to a peanut, I recommend not adding the red pepper. The crust stayed PRETTY well together. Its not pizza pizza, but it is good!

Tell me what you’re cooking. Any links?

No comments: