Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chickpea and Turkey Meatballs

I had one of those nights where I just DIDN’T know what to make for dinner. As I was doing some blog reading, I came across Teresa’s recipe for Turkey Chickpea Burgers and knew I’d hit the jackpot! I adjusted her recipe a bit and made meatballs instead:

Ingredients:

  • 15-oz can low sodium chickpeas, drained
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1/4 lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs:

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, combine chickpeas, Worcestershire, onion, cumin and water and pulse until smooth.

In a bowl, combine chickpea mixture, turkey & panko. Form into meatballs a little smaller than a golf ball (I got approximately 16 meat/bean balls). Place a cookie cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with pam (see picture here). Bake for ~20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables or pasta and sauce.

 IMG_3153

IMG_3154

AND…I finally got the Christmas tree decorated. Notice the tilt to the right…I kind of love that its totally not perfect Smile:

IMG_3157

No comments: