Monday, October 10, 2011

Nutty Beef Burgers

I’m not a red meat girl! Its true….I haven’t enjoyed eating it since I was a kid. On rare occasion, I will crave a good burger- this was one of those times! Luckily, it was also Secret Recipe Club time. As a part of the club, each month you’re assigned another Secret Recipe Club blogger to make a recipe from. If you want to join, click here to sign up.

IMG_2921

(Chopped nuts)

This month, I was assigned Bizzy Bakes. As indicated by the name of her blog, Bizzy has all sorts of delicious baked good recipes on her blog. Normally, I am instantly drawn to the sweet goodies, but this time, I went savory! These burgers contain walnuts (craziness!) and other great flavors. I made a few adjustments and came up with the following:

IMG_2922

Nutty Burgers

Ingredients:

  • 2/3 lb Ground Beef
  • 1/2 cup mixed chopped nuts (I used walnuts and almonds)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal Steak seasoning

Directions:

Mix together all ingredients except for the ground beef. Use your hands to gently fold the beef in. Form into 4 patties. Grill ~8 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness.

IMG_2924

Josh had his on a bun with cheese, barbeque sauce & jalapenos. I had mine on top of a salad (note: I like my burgers cooooooked Winking smile):

IMG_2927

IMG_2931

IMG_2932

These have such an awesome, unique flavor! Both Josh and I were huge fans! Thanks Bizzy

No comments: