Monday, October 3, 2011

Goals Update & More Football Food

Did you guys enjoy your football Sunday? Ours was lovely. I started the day off with a recovery run (after my 10K) and finished it off with lots of food, football and friends & family! On the menu, I made up my baked Italian turkey meatballs stuffed with mozzarella. After I baked them up, I put them in the crockpot with extra sauce to keep them warm:

IMG_2899

IMG_2901

As another main, Josh’s family brought over a bundle of wings:

IMG_2908

I also chopped up a bunch of fruit and served it with fruit dip:

IMG_2904

and I made two batches of Sabrina’s Zaatar bread:

IMG_2905

We also had a bundle of beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic):

IMG_2906

Full spread:

IMG_2907

For dessert, I made big Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk cookies:

IMG_2903

And Josh’s made some delicious chocolate cookies:

IMG_2909

So much fun!

A while ago, I posted about my goals. And now its update time!

Diet

  • Get at least 75 grams of Protein a Day- I have been exceeding this most days! I have to keep track though, or I get lazy Winking smile
  • Drink more water!  At least 80 ounces/day (extra is required for breast feeding & working out) Rocking it!
  • Eat more complete meals, less random snacking Rocking it!
  • Lose remaining pregnancy weight gain by Thanksgiving (~8 lbs to go! Post Pregnancy updates will be monthly now). 5 to go now! Feeling pretty good.

IMG_2895

IMG_2896

Fitness

  • Start teaching Body Pump and Body Step or Attack by the end of September Teaching Body Pump & Attack!
  • Slowly increase Body Pump weight back to pre-pregnancy totals by end of December . Increased by squat, back & chest weight!!
  • Focus on increasing running endurance- complete the two races I signed up for in October One down, one to go!
  • Take a Bikram yoga class Not yet

Life

  • Stress less about the little things- enjoy every moment with Kaylin! We have been enjoying a LOT of time together! She loves going for walks. I still stress a little too much Winking smile
  • Make sure Kaylin gets in tummy time and a book reading every day. Doing PRETTY well with this. We read a book most days and do tummy time most days.  
    • Continue to meal plan and cook nutritious meals at least 5 of 7 nights a week. Rocking it!
    • Get back to work work (mid September)  I’m backkkk
    • Purchase furniture for new screened in porch and living room Done!
    • Pick out paint color and paint two walls downstairs Not yet
    • Make weekend “dates” to see friends Doing OK on this one
    • Have a “date night” in or out with Josh (and Kaylin) at least once a week Slacking on it!

    How are you doing on your goals?

    No comments: