Friday, October 21, 2011

Doctored Butternut Squash Soup

Thank goodness its Friday! Phew…its been a busy week! During weeks like this one, I lean on easy dinners. I love to cook meals from scratch, but sometimes you have to go the semi-homemade route. I picked up this low sodium organic butternut squash soup from TJs:

IMG_2984

To give it a little more oomph, I added 1/2 lb ground turkey (browned up in a skillet), 1/2 cup frozen peas (defrosted), 1/2 cup frozen corn (defrosted) and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Heat it all up and serve! With a nice side of bread or a grilled cheese sandwich, you have the perfect dinner!

IMG_2989

IMG_2987

This soup is full of different spices. While I enjoyed it, Josh wasn’t a huge fan of the level of spice.

What are you up to this weekend? Our launch week at the gym continues tomorrow. I am teaching during the Body Step and Pump launches. We are also taking Kaylin to the pumpkin patch (I can’t wait!!).

No comments: