Happy Wednesday! I hope your week has been treating you well. Couple quick & exciting blog-related items:
- Another exciting CSN Stores giveaway & review will be coming up shortly! CSN Stores has over 200 online stores where you can find everything from stylish handbags, to modern bar furniture, or great cookware.
- I am going to be making a big change to the blog!! I will be making the announcement on Friday- stay tuned!
Recently, I received coupons from Food Buzz & Fresh Express to test out some of the varieties of Fresh Express bagged salad blends (disclaimer: I received the coupons for free). When perusing their selection in my local grocery store, I noticed they had a few different varieties of coleslaw.
I really enjoy a vinegar based coleslaw and thought its a shame that coleslaw seems to disappear at the end of summer. So, I decided to make a more fall-ish version of the traditional summer picnic dish. The fun part about this recipe is that you can adjust the vegetables & vinegars used and even play around with the add ins (I think dried cranberries, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, or pecans would also make great toppers).
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into pieces (~ the size of the cut Brussels sprouts)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Salt & pepper (if desired)
- 1 bag Fresh Express 3 Color Deli Cole Slaw blend
- 2 medium/large apples, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425.
Mix cut Brussels sprouts and sweet potato with olive oil. Place vegetables onto a non stick cookie sheet and roast for ~30 minutes (turn once and check throughout).
In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey and salt & pepper to taste. Add cooked vegetables, coleslaw blend and apples. Chill for at least an hour and top with walnuts (or additional favorites) before serving.
Do you like coleslaw? Do you like a vinegar or mayo base?
And I leave you with this picture of Frank sleeping & drooling :) Yes, his lips really are that huge haha.