Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
Inspired by this recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4-5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Grind oatmeal in a food processor or blender. In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in vegetable oil then stir in the milk. Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed. Move dough into a greased (I sprayed with pam) baking dish (bread dish, whatever you've got!).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes (check with toothpick)
So glad that work is off to a great start - keep it up!!
Sounds like a great quick-bread and salad!!
Every time you make something, I want to make it. Stop! Just kidding.
Thanks for you kind words on my long ass post today. :) Glad work went well.
I'm with Hangry.
Every time you make something I want YOU to make it for ME.
Glad work is starting off well!
I'm glad that work is going well, and that quick-bread looks amazing! So easy, too - I think I'll make a batch this weekend!
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, Erica. It really meant a lot, and it's comforting to know I'm not alone! And of course, I love your blog as well :o) As HangryPants and MizFit said, every recipe you make motivates me to try something new!
I'm glad you had a great first day. It seems like training/orientation always gets messed up (alas HR, I wish some were better), so you're probably right on track!
Love the salad with a little bread. Decadent!
Yum, that bread looks tasty! I know what you mean about not having time for yeast breads! I really want to work on them but can't plan out the time it requires in between everything else!
Thanks again for all the kind words- you guys are the BEST!
Hangry- any time- you deserve it!
Mizfit- haha, no problem :)
Jenn- Aw...thanks :) You totally deserve it though! I look forward to your posts every day!
Becca- Yes! I need more free time :)
I am definitely trying to make this bread. It looks so good!
Post a Comment