- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 1/2c. Vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1/2c. quick cooking barley
- 15oz small white beans
- 1/4c. flat leaf parsley
- Desired amount of fresh spinach
1. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes.
2. Stir in the broth and barley and bring to a boil.
3. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the barley is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Stir in the white beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in desired amount of fresh spinach. Season with pepper, stir in the parsley and serve.
A picture of Josh's plate:
The tan dinner looks FAB.
Why am I thinking he didn't complain.....
Yum I've been wanting to try making risotti with barley!
I'm glad you liked it! Sometimes I add a little grated parmesean as well - but, since i'm watching my calories usually not.
Spinach looks like a great addition. I'll have to try that next time!
Down Home Dieting
Post a Comment