“Harvard Sweet Boutique is a gourmet baking company that specializes in handmade and decadent cookies, brownies and toffee that are delivered in beautiful packaging that the shopper can customize, picking from themed boxes, ribbon styles and countless colors to make a gift perfect for every recipient. Even for those with specific dietary needs, Harvard Sweet Boutique offers low-carb and gluten-free treats! Founded by Harvard, Mass. resident Sue George in 2007, Harvard Sweet Boutique gained in popularity as an online retailer accepting orders through its catalog and website. This past November, Harvard Sweet Boutique opened its doors for its first brick-and-mortar store located in Hudson, Mass. The storefront acts as a test kitchen, where treats like homemade pop-tarts, fresh granola, whoopee pies and chocolate covered strawberries are created and offered!”
Low-Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies (from Sue George, owner of Harvard Sweet Boutique)
Nutritional information: 12g carbohydrates per 1 oz. serving
Yields approx. (36) 1 oz. cookies.
- 8 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 c peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper
- Cream butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar and sugar with mixer
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to mix
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and stir until just blended
- Add chocolate chunks and mix well
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown
You should definitely give this one a go!
What are you up to this weekend? I’m teaching Attack and Step, going to dinner with the family, coffee with a friend, and to a party. Good stuff! Enjoy.