Monday, August 15, 2011

Post Pregnancy Update & (Not My) Auntie Pearl’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sorry for being MIA yesterday! We had lots of family in town and it left for very little computer time. You can find my post pregnancy update at the bottom of this post!

With the new baby at home, we have had so many friends and family members in and out of the house. One night, Josh was having the guys over to see the peanut, and I decided a batch of chocolate chip cookies was in order. Luckily, it was Secret Recipe Club time! This month, I was assigned Sweet As Sugar Cookies. Lisa seems like a total sweetheart! She has been baking since she was 12 and loves to bake and cook for her family. Since Lisa has such a tight connection with her family, I knew I had to make one of her “family” recipes- Auntie Pearl’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. I made a half batch of the cookies and made a few other minor adjustments:

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup AP flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 5 1/4 Tbsp. Smart Balance
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons egg beaters
  • Desired quantity chocolate chunks

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the flour and baking soda, and set aside.

Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and the egg and mix to combine.

Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.

Mix in the chocolate chips.

IMG_2651

 

Drop by tablespoonful's onto a cookie sheet:

IMG_2652

IMG_2653

and bake for 10-15 minutes (took ~12 minutes for me) or until cookies turn golden brown and are set in the center.

IMG_2655

IMG_2656

IMG_2657

Post Pregnancy Update: 2 weeks post partum

No VLOG this week (didn't have time!). I am continuing to feel better and better! Breast feeding made me very sore at first, but is getting easier as the days pass. Kaylin is a great eater and usually eats every 2-3 hours (except at night when she goes longer between feedings). She has been a pretty good sleeper too. The only issue is that she wants to sleep on my chest and not in the bassinet. We're working on this...

A lot of you asked how Frank was doing with the new baby. When we first brought her home, he would go CRAZY every time she cried. He has gotten use to this and is adjusting. He definitely has a little sibling rivalry....but I think it will go away with time. He now lays next to wherever she is sleeping/sitting.

A few people also asked how long I am on maternity leave- I will be out of work for about 8 weeks (maternity leave+vacation). My company has been absolutely wonderful throughout the whole pregnancy and said they would be flexible to me coming back as well (i.e. I can take more time if I need it). I feel VERY lucky!

As I mentioned earlier, Josh's family was in town this weekend. We had an absolute blast with them and did a mini photo shoot:

On the exercise front, I did about 30 minutes of low to medium impact exercise each day this past week. On Sunday, I went for a jog for 30 minutes. It felt a little awkward at first, but I got into my grove pretty quick. I came home with the biggest runners (Joggers?) high ever! Love! Did I mention I signed up for a 10K the first weekend in October? Gulp!

How was your weekend?

No comments: