Monday, August 29, 2011

Bars, Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs & Winners

First off, thank you all for your sweet words on my post yesterday! I was in no way fishing for compliments, just trying to be honest! BUT, I more than appreciated all of the comments!!

As I mentioned yesterday, we went to a wine party on Saturday night. I baked up two batches of bars and mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs.

First up, I made Katie’s amazing vegan pumpkin chocolate chunk bars:

IMG_2729

Next, I made Jessica’s oatmeal peanut butter snack bars. I used unsalted almond butter instead of peanut butter and also used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. These bars were just slightly sweet and oh so good!

IMG_2727

 

IMG_2730

All together now:

IMG_2732

I also used my baked Italian turkey meatball recipe, and stuffed the balls with mozzarella prior to baking. The outcome:

IMG_2742

IMG_2743

I popped these bad boys into the crock pot with some marinara sauce. They were a big hit!

And last, but not least, the winners of the Activia giveaway are…..

Christina, Debbie, Stephanie, Julie & Amy!

Congrats!! If you won, you should have received an email from me. Please send your address to itzyskitchen at gmail dot com!

Any exciting plans this week? Friday is my birthday!!

No comments: