And got the house organized(laundry, cleaning, ironing, cooking, etc)! I also broke into my stash of Galaxy Granola that the company sent me.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (more as needed)
- 1/2 lb ground turkey (or eliminate and use additional beans for vegan version)
- 8 ounces canned vegan/vegetarian pinto beans (or favorite bean)
- 8-14 ounces tomato sauce (depends how saucy you like it)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- Desired quantity fresh or frozen spinach
- Brown Rice
Cook Brown Rice according to directions on box.
Heat olive oil in a large pot or skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes. Add turkey (if using) to onion/garlic mix and cook until no longer pink. Add all seasonings, beans, and tomato sauce and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add in desired quantity of spinach and cook until wilted into mixture. Combine cooked brown rice and turkey, bean & spinach mixture. The result:
I love this rice! Whats your favorite brand? Success recently sent me a coupon for a free box. Do you want to try Success too? 10 lucky Itzy's Kitchen readers will win their own coupon! To enter, simply leave a comment below! For an additional entry, tweet or buzz about this contest and leave me a separate comment letting me know you did so! The contest will be open until Wednesday night, March 10 at 11:59 PM!