Yahoo! Josh's work dinner was great. I had a garden salad and a vegetable pasta dish. This morning, I taught Body Pump, worked and cleaned up the house a bit. For dinner tonight, I made a light Spinach and Potato Soup based on this recipe.
- 4 cups (85 g) spinach
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1 ½ large potatoes, diced with skin (for me this was ~17.5 ounces)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon TJs 21 Salute Seasoning (or whatever seasoning blend you have on hand)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper (use less or eliminate if you don't like a little kick)
- 1 tablespoon shredded 2% milk Cheddar on top of each bowl
- Boil potatoes and onion with vegetable broth over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add garlic and spinach and continue to cook until spinach is tender.
- Add milk and seasonings
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Puree in blender (I used an emulsion blender)
- Serve topped with cheddar