- Eat lots of fruits and veggies (Maria eats an apple a day (which I think is fabulous), and Eve tries to make her plates at least half fruits and veggies (wonderful tip!))
- Drink plenty of water (Taylor aims for 64 ounces of plain water aside from her other beverages- great job girl!)
- Eat balanced meals (proteins, fats, carbs)
- Eat mini meals
- Portion control desserts (Jenna likes to "live a little" (such a great phrase!!) and have a few pieces of candy or a little dessert every day)
- Stephanie noted she never skips a meal because it just leads to overeating (agreed!)
- MizFit eats intuitively (she just rocks :))
- Jessica tries to make sure she is actually hungry when she eats (not just eating to eat- another great tip)
My day started off right with a quick run and Body Pump. Body Pump is Les Mills barbell strength class that provides me with my huge muscles ;). Here is a quick promo video to make you want to lift some weights:
...and a big spinach salad with pea pods, broccoli, broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, whole wheat cous cous, almonds, and a little olive oil...
And here is the tuna! I over cooked it just a hint (but I was nervous!):
All together now:
I had another lovely mix of tomatoes, peppers, onions, green beans and white beans with a little olive oil and chili powder, cooked under the broiler in the oven in tin foil. I put the cooked veggies on top of crisp romaine with some salsa. YUM!
And cantaloupe = this times 2 plus nut butter :)
and.............Josh (so so sweet) stopped on his way home and picked up my FAVORITE candy as a special treat. What a guy....love these raspberries and blackberries and I hardly ever eat them :)
On a side note, I also did Polly's Yoga for Runners today. Felt fabulous! Do you do any yoga, tai chi or pilates? If so and you're a runner, do you feel like you have a better run the day after a yoga practice? I definitely do!!
Top Chef tonight- hooray.