Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Birthday/Labor Day Party, Ambrosia

Labor day was a lot of fun! I started out teaching at our labor day class at the gym. The class included Turbo Kick, Upper Body conditioning, Bosu, Lower Body Conditioning (my segment), Body Step, and Yoga/Abs. It was a lot of fun! After, I picked up a coffee and then got to work getting things settled/cleaned up around the house. I then prepared my wayy too easy dish for my friend Nikki's party. I made a very simple Ambrosia. I knew there would be a few of my friends kids at the party and I figured they would love this:

Ingredients:
(Ambrosia is fun because you can really toss in whatever fruits you want)
3 bananas sliced
1 can pineapple (in juice not in syrup- drained)
1 can mandarin oranges (not in syrup-drained)
1 bag grapes
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup coconut
1 8 ounce container cool whip lite (or fat free or sugar free, whatever you like)
1 cup walnuts

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except walnuts and refrigerate until party. Add walnuts before serving.


Looks yucky, tastes yummy :). Nikki's party was a lot of fun. There was great food and drinks and she even got a birthday cake for my friend Jill's husband and I. His half was green and mine was pink (sorry I forgot a pic!). Today for my birthday I am working from home! I am usually very against anyone working on their birthday but since I just started this job I have to! I get to work from home because we have the moving surveyors coming today! Hooray! Hopefully I will take lots of food pics today!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I'd say you DEFINITELY had an exciting, fun-filled Labor Day weekend - fantastic!!

Good luck with the moving surveyors!

Jenn said...

Ambrosia...yummy.

That's a lot of formats to teach in one class! :) Makes the time go by quickly though, huh?

And most importantly, HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!