Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sesame Noodles


I am watching the finale of workout while blogging. I love this show- I know its way over dramatic, but I just love it. There are never enough recipes! Tonight I tried a new recipe that Kalyn blogged about- Rachel Ray's Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles. It was good but a little tangy. I am going to experiment with some other peanut butter based sauces. Here is the recipe, in case you want to give it a go:

1/2 pound spaghetti
1/4 cup Tamari dark soy, eyeball it
1/4 rounded cup smooth peanut butter, softened in microwave 15 seconds on high (Iused low sugar/low fat)
2 tablespoons cider or rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, eyeball it
2 tablespoons hot sauce
2 cups shredded cabbage and carrot mix, available in produce department (I used broccoli slaw)
1 cup bean sprouts or pea shoots, any variety, available in produce department
3 scallions, chopped on an angle
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 chicken breasts (I added chicken for protein)

Cook chicken breasts, chop into bite sized pieces, set aside to cool.

Cook pasta to al dente, with a bite to it, then cold shock it to stop the cooking process by running it under cold water in colander. Drain the pasta very well.

In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together soy, peanut butter, vinegar, oil, sesame oil, and hot sauce. Add noodles, chicken and veggies and toss to combine the noodles and coat them evenly with sauce. Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds throughout the salad and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum - such a delicious sounding but healthy recipe as opposed to ordering this out! I always watch the previous week's WorkOut the week the new one is on (if that makes sense), since they play it before the new one & I can't make it until 10 to watch the new one, so I'm excited to see the finale next week hehe...

Erica said...

I am glad you like work out too! It is on really late! Bravo has changed so much! I use to never watch it and now I can't get enough of work out, project runway, and even enjoy some top chef every now and again :)