Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Bake

I’ve mentioned before that Josh LOVES chicken parmesan. I always try to make chicken parmesan like dishes at home that are easier and healthier than the original. This time, I went with a bake. There aren’t specific measurements to go along with this recipe. I think everyone likes different amounts of chicken, cheese & sauce. Instead, here is a general step-by-step of what I did.

Boil chicken until cooked through and shred:

IMG_3457

Cook pasta according to package direction (you can use shaped pasta or spaghetti/linguine).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a large bowl, mix together desired quantity of cooked pasta, shredded cheese, shredded chicken & sauce:

IMG_3459

IMG_3460

IMG_3461

Place in a baking dish and top with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese:

IMG_3462

IMG_3463

Baked for 20 minutes and then place under the broiler to brown up the topping:

IMG_3467

Enjoy!

IMG_3466

3 comments:

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather said...

I love how easy this is!!! Perfect for busy nights.

Aggie said...

That looks so good! I love one dish baked meals like that. I have to try with the spaghetti...mmm

Candice said...

Yum!! Brent is a huge chicken parmesean fan to! Ill have to make this for him!