Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Chili


OK, so I’m a little behind…did you guys enjoy the super bowl? Since Kaylin was still pretty sick, we took it easy and just had a friend over. The game itself was great! I love when its a close game. I also really enjoyed the halftime show. The outcome of the game? Eh...not so much ;).

Since I knew I didn’t have to make a huge spread, I kept things simple and made up a batch of buffalo chicken chili. I also made up sweet cornbread and a batch of cookie dough balls. This, along with fruit and munchies, made up our easy game day eats.

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lb chicken, boiled and shredded
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
  • 1/3 cup wing sauce
  • 1 15-oz container crushed tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 2 15-oz can mixed beans, drained & rinsed
  • 3/4 cup frozen corn, defrosted
  • Toppings: cornbread, tortilla chips, cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.

Directions:

Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chopped onion, carrot, and jalapeno and cook until mixture is soft and fragrant.

Add in remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil. Bring heat down to low and cover. Let the chili cook for 25-30 minutes. Serve!

No comments: