Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Marinara & Attack

Thank you for the encouraging comments on my goals post and for sharing your own! I will give you an update on my progress in about a month.

On Tuesday afternoon/night, I did two awesome things:

1. I taught my first post partum class- Body Attack! It felt SO good to teach again! I was actually really nervous that I would forget how to teach. This lovely lady came and it was fabulous to see her too.

2. I made an EASY and tasty dinner- crockpot chicken marinara. I saw the recipe on Anne Marie’s blog and knew I had to make it! All I did was take 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast and place them in the bottom of my crockpot. I placed a regular size container of marinara sauce on top, turned the crockpot on high, and let it cook for 2 1/2 hours (time will vary based on your crockpot, so check to make sure your chicken is cooked through and is easily pulled apart). Once the chicken was done, I shredded it with two forks. I ate mine as is with sides and Josh had his on top of pasta with mozzarella (excuse the yucky pictures, I was in a hurry!):

IMG_2762

IMG_2761

I will DEFINITELY be making this again! Thanks Anne Marie!! What is your favorite crock pot meal? Links welcome!

No comments: