Sunday, September 4, 2011

Basic Granola & Birthday Weekend

How is your weekend going? I hope everyone has tomorrow off! Our weekend has been fantastic Smile.  On Friday night, Josh, my parents, Josh’s parents, my Aunt & Uncle & friends went to dinner to celebrate my birthday!! I enjoyed tons of delicious chips and a veggie platter. Awesome!

IMG_0186

Saturday, I took Body Step for the first time post partum! It was fantastic and my calves are FEELING it!! I also watched the Penn State game with the peanut:

IMG_0188

Saturday night, we had birthday celebration (part 2) with Josh’s parents, brother and sister and her boyfriend.  Josh’s Mom made an incredible spread of food. We had a crab appetizer with tortilla chips (duh Winking smile). Mine had crab, black beans, corn off the cob, red pepper and jalapenos (amazing):

IMG_0191

Second course was a shrimpy salad. Dessert was individual chocolate mousse in a graham cracker crust! I adore graham cracker crust and could eat it with no filling at all! It was AMAZING:

IMG_0194

Today, Josh’s family watched Kaylin and Josh and I had a solo date. It was so awesome to spend time together with no distractions. We went to Triangle for brunch. I got a salad topped with a fried egg (which I am totally doing at home soon):

IMG_0197

Triangle Char and Bar on Urbanspoon

We also relaxed at home with this guy:IMG_0199

Tonight, another fun dinner! Can’t wait!!

Since I’ve been making the same granola recipe for a while, I decided to switch it up. I came up with a more basic, but still very yummy recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups old fashion oats
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw
  • 1/4 cup flax seeds
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 tablespoons honey

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In  a large bowl in the microwave, melt the butter and honey. Mix in all other ingredients.

Spread mixture on a cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes.

IMG_2756

IMG_2757

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Miz said...

I am so excited (heres where you may insert ramblings about how I need a life :)) about making GRANOLA today!!

thanks, Lady.