Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cookie’s Flour Free Energy Bars

A few weeks ago, Josh’s Mom (Cookie) was sending a package of energy bars to Josh’s brother. She noted that they contained no flour and gave me a piece to try before she packaged them up…I was HOOKED!

 

IMG_2856

 

IMG_2858

She recently sent me the recipe and I just had to share it with you. I have shown two sets of ingredients below; the set she used and the slightly adjusted set I used.

IMG_2859

 

A lot of the ingredients can be switched out/adjusted. I made these for a friend of mine who just had a baby (congrats Ally!!!!). These are very yummy!

 

IMG_2862

IMG_2863

IMG_2864

 

 

Cookie’s Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup pumpkin butter (TJs)
  • 1 cup sunflower seed butter (TJs)
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 2 cups TJs multigrain oats
  • 1 small container sugar free granny smith applesauce
  • 1/2 fresh apple diced in small pieces

My slightly adjusted ingredient list:

  • 2/3 cup honey apple butter (TJs)
  • 1 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter (TJs)
  • 1/2 cup seeds and nuts (I used sunflower, flax and sesame seeds)
  • 2  cups old fashion oats
  • 1 small container unsweetened applesauce  (1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 fresh apple diced in small pieces (I used a Macintosh)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. 

Hand mix together apple butter, peanut butter, apple sauce and apple.

Mix in oats and nuts/seeds.

Spray an 8x8 inch pan with non-stick spray (note: Cookie didn’t spray her pan, I’m just paranoid Winking smile). Spread mixture in pan. Bake for 40 minutes and cut bars while warm (not hot).

 

IMG_2866

IMG_2867

IMG_2869

IMG_2870

How has your week been so far?

2 comments:

singerinkitchen said...

Those look yummy. I forgot to buy sunflower butter the other day cause I sampled some and it was delish!

Generic Propecia said...

This is very great thing you have shared with us. Now I found enough resources by your tips about this issue, Thank you.