Friday, September 30, 2011

Week in Review & Turkey and Pasta Stuffed Squash

How has your week been so far? This was my first full week into my new work schedule. Work went great!

I took Kaylin to daycare for the first time. Her daycare is amazing- the people are SO sweet. Kaylin seemed to enjoy it, Mama shed a few tears after she dropped her off (I made it all the way to the car and only cried for a half a minute Winking smile). 

Workouts are going well! I taught Pump Monday and Attack Tuesday. It was my first time teaching a full attack class in over a year!! I somehow made it through. Love attack. I also fit in a bundle of great runs. I have a 10K race tomorrow (yikes!). My goal is to finish (last year I placed).

In terms of eats, lots of yumminess has gone on this week. A few highlights:

On Monday night, I made a stir fry of veggies and turkey. I usually make my own sauce, but I tried TJs satay peanut sauce this time:

IMG_2871

IMG_2872

Stir fry makes such a great meal! I liked the sauce, but I didn’t LOVE it. I prefer my homemade version, but its definitely good in a pinch.

I’ve been hoarding pumpkin (but I know I’m not alone!):

IMG_2874

IMG_2875

I used some of my stash to make another version of these bars. I love the flavor, but want to work on the consistency a bit:

IMG_2876

Last night, I used a new-to-me squash (carnival) in our dinner.

IMG_2878

I cooked up ground turkey and added marinara sauce and cooked pasta. I then cooked up the squash and stuffed it with the turkey/marinara/pasta. I put cheese on top of J’s (I miss cheese!). The outcome (sorry for the dark pictures!):

 

IMG_2889

IMG_2890

Delicious and easy. LOVE winter/fall squash.

Weekend time! What do you have on tap? Outside the run, we have dinner out tonight and lots of football.

No comments: