Sunday, October 2, 2011

8 is the Magic Number

Friday was prep day. I drove over the bridge I would run on Saturday morning to pick up my race packet.

IMG_0321

I took a walk and hung out with the peanut:

IMG_0328

IMG_0331

You’re running how far tomorrow Mom???

IMG_0332

At night, we went to dinner at Sesame with Josh’s family. We got frickles (which, again, always remind me of this lovely lady):

IMG_0335

They do frickle spears which are yummy! I ate mine with some of their house made mustard. For dinner, I got a black bean burger in a bowl with zucchini, pineapple, tomatoes, red onion and their pineapple vinaigrette (their black bean burgers are amazing-excuse the flash, its dark in there):

IMG_0336

And then we headed home to try and get some sleep. Kaylin had an upset tummy, so Mama didn’t get much sleep. I got up around 5:30 and headed out:

IMG_0339

IMG_0341

8 weeks after having Kaylin, I was running my first 10K race:

IMG_0343

IMG_0344

The result? I finished in 50 minutes and 32 seconds (this picture was taken prior to me crossing the finish line obviously), an 8 minute 8  second average mile:

IMG_0345

Myself with a few of the other group fitness instructors & friends:

IMG_0346

 

Love! The rest of the day was spent with friends, family and good food!! How was your Saturday?

No comments: