Friday, September 16, 2011

Week in Review & Baked Almond Butter Chicken

Hi Friends! Happy Friday to each and every one of you! How has your week been treating you? Mine has been wonderful. It is my last full week off before I start work again(yikes!). I’m only going back half time, but ….I’m getting a little nervous about giving the peanut up during work hours. So, what did I do with my last full week? I ran, I strolled with the peanut:

IMG_0248

I got a lot of soy pumpkin spice mistos:

IMG_0253

I went to Menchies and got dairy free sorbet:

IMG_0254

I spent time with friends and family, including Frank & Peanut:

 

IMG_0255IMG_0257

and I had my post partum doctors appointment. I was VERY nervous for this. The thought of getting checked out just gave me the chills, but my Doctor (whose fabulous) made it easy peasy. Everything looks good!

Onto the food! I have a really bad habit of opening new jars of nut/seed butter to use in a recipe. I will use ALMOSTS the entire container and then leave it in the fridge with just a smidgen left. I noticed this bad habit when I had about 6 jars of almost completely empty nut/seed butter jars in the fridge. I figured it was about time I did something about it! Around then, I saw Renee make peanut butter chicken and decided to whip up a batch of almond butter chicken! I leaned on my hot and cold sesame noodle recipe for the marinade:

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons almond butter  (I used TJs raw, unsalted, AB)
  • 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
  • 3/4 to 1 lb chicken (breast, tenders, whatever you’ve got!)

 

Directions:

Whisk together first 4 ingredients.

IMG_2790

Place mixture in a freezer bag and add chicken. Place chicken/marinade in the fridge for 1-2 hours.

IMG_2792

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet (or cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil) with non stick spray. Place chicken on top and cook through, flipping once (I used tenders and this took me about 7 minutes per side).

IMG_2793

Josh’s tenders went on top of brown rice mixed with peas, corn and additional soy sauce.

IMG_2800

I had mine on top of a salad. Delicious!

IMG_2799

Nut butter is so good in unexpected places!

Weekend plans? We have a date night in tonight, restaurant week out tomorrow night, and football time on Saturday/Sunday. I will throw a couple workouts in there too. Enjoy!!

No comments: