A few weeks ago, Josh’s Mom (Cookie) was sending a package of energy bars to Josh’s brother. She noted that they contained no flour and gave me a piece to try before she packaged them up…I was HOOKED!
She recently sent me the recipe and I just had to share it with you. I have shown two sets of ingredients below; the set she used and the slightly adjusted set I used.
A lot of the ingredients can be switched out/adjusted. I made these for a friend of mine who just had a baby (congrats Ally!!!!). These are very yummy!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin butter (TJs)
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (TJs)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups TJs multigrain oats
- 1 small container sugar free granny smith applesauce
- 1/2 fresh apple diced in small pieces
My slightly adjusted ingredient list:
- 2/3 cup honey apple butter (TJs)
- 1 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter (TJs)
- 1/2 cup seeds and nuts (I used sunflower, flax and sesame seeds)
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 1 small container unsweetened applesauce (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 fresh apple diced in small pieces (I used a Macintosh)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Hand mix together apple butter, peanut butter, apple sauce and apple.
Mix in oats and nuts/seeds.
Spray an 8x8 inch pan with non-stick spray (note: Cookie didn’t spray her pan, I’m just paranoid ). Spread mixture in pan. Bake for 40 minutes and cut bars while warm (not hot).
How has your week been so far?