Hey all!! Today is my 29th birthday!! I am looking forward to spending time with friends and family and eating Mexican food (tortilla chips =birthday cake for this chick!!)
Recently, Josh’s brother’s girlfriend asked me for a protein bar recipe and I realized I didn’t have a favorite to pass along. Fast forward to yesterday when I saw Julie post about this recipe. I switched it up and came up with the following:
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- 4 oz applesauce
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat bran
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- chocolate chips (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding chocolate chips), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
I used about 3/4 cup of these chips based on Averie’s recommendation (love them- thank you!!)
They have great flavor and texture!
On a side note, I went shopping with Josh’s Mom yesterday and we found baby Under Armor gear!!! I had to have it! Baby skort? So necessary