Friday, September 2, 2011

Pumpkin Protein Bars & Birthday Fun

Hey all!! Today is my 29th birthday!! I am looking forward to spending time with friends and family and eating Mexican food (tortilla chips =birthday cake for this chick!!)

Recently, Josh’s brother’s girlfriend asked me for a protein bar recipe and I realized I didn’t have a favorite to pass along. Fast forward to yesterday when I saw Julie post about this recipe. I switched it up and came up with the following:

Ingredients:
  • ½ C Brown Sugar
  • 4 oz applesauce
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
  • 2 C oat bran
  • 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
  • ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • chocolate chips (if desired)

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding chocolate chips), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.

 

I used about 3/4 cup of these chips based on Averie’s recommendation (love them- thank you!!)

IMG_2748

IMG_2749

IMG_2751

IMG_2753

They have great flavor and texture!

On a side note, I went shopping with Josh’s Mom yesterday and we found baby Under Armor gear!!! I had to have it! Baby skort? So necessary Winking smile

 

IMG_2752

Happy weekend!

No comments: