Happy Friday!! Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement on my first day back at work/having to “give up” Kaylin for the first full day. I am VERY lucky that Josh’s Mom is here to watch her and, as Biz noted, our quality time yesterday felt even more special. I didn’t cry when I dropped her off- I’m so proud of myself
My plan for dinner last night was to make coconut flour pancakes. I found a few recipes on the web, but tried to lighten them up…epic failure! Bahh! As a backup, I ended up messing around with my oatmeal pancake recipe:
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1/3 cup WW flour
- 2/3 cup Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/3-1/2 cup coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar (depends how sweet you like it)
1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or you can substitute applesauce)
- 1/3 cup WW flour
- In large bowl, combine flours, oats, coconut, baking powder; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine brown sugar, milk, egg beaters and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix)
- Preheat electric skillet to 375 or skillet on stovetop to Medium, Medium High. Spray pans with Pam.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn only once.
This time, I used a smaller about of batter for each pancake. I loved how they turned out! I do NOT like that its getting darker earlier….means not so nice pictures!
“CLIF MOJO, a delicious trail mix bar made with 70 percent organic ingredients, has introduced three new flavors that deliver a mouthwatering array of chocolate, nuts and coconut for a crispy, crunchy texture in bars that taste both sweet and salty.
CLIF MOJO Chocolate Almond Coconut blends toasted coconut, chunks of indulgent chocolate and deliciously salty whole roasted almonds. CLIF MOJO White Chocolate Macadamia combines freshly roasted macadamia nuts with richly flavored soy white chocolate chips. Not to be outdone, CLIF MOJO Dipped S’Mores is a healthy take on a classic campfire favorite, featuring crunchy graham cookies, creamy soy white chocolate and organic chocolate chunks. The new CLIF MOJO flavors (SRP: $1.39) are also on shelves now.”
Josh and I are HUGE mojo fans, and the new flavors did not disappoint! In fact, the White Chocolate Macadamia is our new favorite flavor!
What are you up to this weekend? I’m getting my hair done (whoop whoop!), spending time with my Mom, watching football and going to dinner with friends. I can’t wait!