Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Turkey Taco Filler & Jitters

Have you been enjoying your week so far? Mine has been great! I taught Pump, ran, met up with Amelia for coffee and Trader Joes, and spent lots of time with Josh, Kaylin & Franky. Tomorrow….I go back to work, gulp! As I mentioned before, I’m very sad to be giving the peanut up. Luckily, Josh’s Mom will be taking care of her for my first three days back (one day this week, two next), before she starts into daycare. I’m not sure if I will ball my eyes out tomorrow, but I can totally see it happening (and I am not a crier). In the past week, the peanut has started waving and has been giggling and smiling a ton. I don’t want to miss a minute of it! But, I know getting back into work will be good for me mentally. Plus, I get the best of both worlds only working half time.

Enough of my jitters, lets get to the food! I had been wanting to make Janetha’s green enchilada pie. When I looked back at the recipe, I noticed the cheese on top and figured this probably played a pretty large role in keeping the pie together. Since I have to stay away from dairy, I decided to just make taco-ish meat instead. I browned up ground turkey:

IMG_2822

Once the turkey was cooked through, I removed it from the skillet and added yellow squash, corn and jalapenos. I cooked them for about 10 minutes (until the squash was soft and browning a bit) and then added the turkey back into the pan. I also added a teaspoon of TJs taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of enchilada sauce:

IMG_2824

IMG_2826

The taco filling was super tasty! I served Josh’s up with tortillas, cheese and pineapple:

IMG_2829

I had mine on top of a salad with a side of toasted tortilla:

IMG_2831

A great, easy meal! How do you prepare your taco filling?

No comments: