After the usual work, I ran home to let out Frank and then went to the gym. I did a two mile run and 1 mile walk on the treadmill and then took my friend Jennifer's 45 minute spin class. I also ran some errands (dry cleaners & kohl's to return a pair of Josh's pants). When I got home, I cleaned up our wood floors (VERY exciting...I know!)
Since Josh had a dinner meeting tonight, I made myself up some twice cooked acorn squash. Method as follows:
- Bake up squash (cut in half and bake at 450 degrees for 1 hour or microwave for 13 minutes)
- Scoop out some of the cooked squash (but not ALL of it, otherwise the "bowl" will not maintain its form)
- In a bowl, mix your favorite toppings into the squash (I used salsa, green bell peppers and beans), top with cheese (shredded probably would have looked prettier but I used grated Parmesan
- Place mixture back in "bowl"
- Place under broiler for a few minutes (keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn)
I served mine with an apple and a little un-pictured nut butter