- Red Wine Rosemary Mushroom Risotto
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- Cinnamon Apple Risotto Fritters
- Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Hazelnut Brown Butter
- Scallop and Leek Risotto
Uncooked sweet potato gnocchi (mmmm):
Gnocchi fresh out of the boiling water covered in a little oil:
My samples (since most of the dishes contained meat, I could only sample a few but they were totally rich and delicious), sweet potato gnocchi and Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi:
The Gorgonzola cream sauce was a little much for me. The sweet potato gnocchi on the other hand...heaven!
Dessert risotto-super creamy! Kristen and I split a few bites of this bad boy:
Kristen and I, pretending to cook after class was done ;)
For some reason I didn't really get any pictures of the traditional risottos! Is there anything you would love to learn to cook or bake? I'd love to learn to become a better bread baker.
As I mentioned yesterday, a reader asked if I could post my typical week day timeline/schedule. My schedule is usually pretty nutso (by choice). I am VERY lucky in that my job is flexible with my hours and I owe a lot of my getting everything done to that fact. Here is a typical day in the life of…Note: Please be gentle, I know I overload on occasion and I am trying to work on getting to bed earlier ;)
- 5 AM: Wake up !!
- 5-5:30 AM: Shower/get ready/dressed
- 5:30-5:45 AM: Finish making lunches & fill coffee mugs (for Josh and I)/ eat breakfast/take Frank out
- 5:45-6:15 AM: Drive to work
- 6:15-3:00 PM(ish): Work
- 3:00-3:40(ish) PM: Drive Home
- 3:40-5:30 PM: Usually do some form of housework (laundry/ironing/cleaning), prep dinner, take Frank out/for a walk
- 5:30(ish)-5:50 PM: Leave and drive to gym (I teach at two gyms and one is a bit further from my house…takes about 20 minutes to get there)
- 6:00-7:00 PM: Teach 1 hour class
- 7:00-7:20 PM: Drive home
- 7:20-7:30 PM: Quick Shower
- 7:30-8:30 PM: Eat dinner/do dishes/ prep lunches for the next day/set up coffee
- 8:30-10:30/11/12 PM: Range of activities- occasionally more house work, usually read blogs/write my blog, do additional work work (if necessary), watch tv, hang out with Frank & Josh
And thats how I roll! That is a typical day, but it totally varies (i.e. Wednesdays I work out in the morning). I am hoping to adjust my overall schedule in the coming months...more info on that to come!