Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
1/4 cup egg beaters
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or you can substitute applesauce)
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, egg beaters and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix)
- Preheat electric skillet to 375 or skillet on stovetop to Medium, Medium High. Spray pans with Pam.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Place on top banana sliced thin and chocolate chips (if desired). Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn only once.
Tonight I practiced for the new body step and did some more errands. For dinner tonight, I tried something new- Turkey and Lettuce wraps. I enjoyed them but Josh was not a fan of the sauce. I think I will try making these again, but I will use a basic stirfry sauce instead. I based the recipe on this link.
5-minute brown rice
2 teaspoons oil
1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon fennel
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
1 15-ounce can bean sprouts
Prepare brown rice as directed on box, set aside
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, sprouts, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, and spices; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
To serve, spoon portions of the turkey mixture into lettuce leaves and roll into wraps!