Tuesday, May 20, 2008

mmm...bread



I'm so glad its already Tuesday night-work is a little slowwww this week. After work today it was housework day! I cleaned the whole house, did laundry and ironed. I also tried a new brown recipe (I can't find the original link- sorry!!!). This bread is super moist and tasty. I'm not sure whether I like this or my other brown bread recipe better...I might have to have a bread-off, haha. We ate the fresh bread with salads and chicken with bbq sauce.
Oatmeal Quick Bread

1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. quick cooking oats
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
1 1/4 c. sweetened applesauce
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/4 c. milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in brown sugar, oats, and pecans. In a small bowl, beat the applesauce, oil, eggs, and milk together until well blended. Combine applesauce mixture with flour mixture, stirring only until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, this bread sounds easy & delicious! thanks for posting the recipe :) happy wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you changed your page! :) it's very bright and cheery!

mmmm, that bread looks really, really good!

Erica said...

Hey guys! This recipe is so easy and delicious! Def give it a try (but warning its hard to stop eating!).

Melissa- I did change my page! I still want to play around with it a bit, but I do like the yellow :) Thank you for noticing!