Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ambrosia

Hooray for Thursday! Only two more work days this week! I taught Turbo last night. Class went well but I am very excited to launch Turbo Sport next week! I think the class will welcome a dance-less Turbo Kick. Tonight I have to tape my Body Step for review! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow!

I remember the first time I had ambrosia when I was little- I was over my grandmothers and she gave me a little dish of the mix. I looked down and thought it looked awful and told her I probably wouldn't eat it. She told me to just give it a little try. Now my grandmother and I have the same sweet tooth so she knew I was going to absolutely love it! As I've grown up, my sweet tooth has decreased.....a little, but I still love Ambrosia. I found this somewhat healthier Ambrosia recipe and hope you like it:

Ambrosia (recipe from http://healthy.betterrecipes.com/ambrosiafruitsalad.html)
  • 1 cup seedless red grapes
  • 1 cup seedless green grapes
  • 1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
  • 1 8 ounce can fruit cocktail, drained
  • 1 firm banana, sliced
  • 1 8 ounce container low fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut

Method

In a large bowl gently mix together the first 5 ingredients. Fold in yogurt, marshmallows and coconut. Serve chilled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is similar to something my mom used to make called Watergate salad. Whenever I make it my boyfriend calls it Ambrosia because thats what his grandmother makes. I tell him that it is a bit different but basically the same concept just a few different ingredients and color. He doesn't get it, so whenever I make it he still calls it ambrosia. I love these sweet "salads", I just can't make it that often because I always want to eat the whole bowl.

Erica said...

Brittany-

Sorry I posted two comments on your blog :), it said the first one didn't go through haha! Yes ambrosia and watergate salad are both sooooo delicious! I try to only make them when I'm going to a party otherwise I will eat the whole thing too :)