Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mini Turkey Meatloaves


It feels great to start the week off on a Tuesday! After work today, I did a little bit of cleaning and then taught Body Step. The class was packed and I really sweat up a storm! I came home and made some mini turkey meatloaves inspired by this Eatingwell.com recipe.

Mini Turkey Meatloaves

1 1/4 lb ground turkey
2 tablespoons egg beaters
1/4 cup bbq sauce (or ketchup)
1/3 cup oats
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
3 tablespoons milk
Chopped onion (desired amount)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix all ingredients. Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. Form the mixture into 8 balls and place in the prepared muffin cups. (Optional- top balls with additional bbq sauce or ketchup). Bake meatloaves until their internal temperature reaches 160°F, 25 to 30 minutes.


I served my meatloaves with steamed vegis. They were delicious! A little crunchy on the outside but moist on the inside. I did not place any bbq sauce or ketchup on top of the meatloaves before I baked them and instead served them with a side of bbq sauce.

I also made more granola based on Sarah's recipe. The slow cooking is key! I love this recipe- awesome job Sarah!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

love it :-)

Anonymous said...

Yum! These look really good - I will definitely add them to the "must try" list!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THESE and had somehow gotten away from making them.

thanks for the reminder (Im thinking my Toddler Tornado thanks you as well!)

M.

Erica said...

Jenn- Thank you! Yes- give them a try! I'm sure they'd be delicious with any type of meat.

Mizfit- These are probably perfect for kids! They look like a muffin but they're healthy and protein filled!