Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gluten Free, Dairy Free Dinner Party (Fudgy Chocolate Cookies)

We had a few friends over for dinner last night. One of our friends has a gluten and dairy allergy, so I catered the dinner to make sure she could eat everything. I was planning on making this all corn, cornbread, but decided to go the cheat route and made Bob’s Red Mill instead. I used almond milk instead of dairy:

IMG_4451

  IMG_4453

  It was really yummy!

I also made crock pot buffalo chicken. I cooked three pounds of chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1 1/2 cups of gluten free buffalo sauce and a sprinkle of garlic sauce. I cooked the chicken on high for 3 hours and then shredded it up.

IMG_4457

  I also made vegan baked beans in the crock pot. I used this recipe, but I cooked them on high for about 5 hours (until the beans were NICE and soft):

IMG_4460

The other ladies brought a green salad, fruit salad, and a sweet potato and caramelized onion salad. SO good!

For dessert, I made these peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips:

IMG_4446

  I also made a version of these chocolate cookies. These are amazing!

Ingredients:

  • 2 whole Eggs
  • ¼ cups Olive Oil
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened
  • 1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
  • ½ cups Chocolate Chips (GF, DF)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

In a large bowl whisk eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk in sugar. Add in cocoa powder and whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir in rolled oats and chocolate chips until all the oats are coated with the chocolate mixture.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scooper, scoop cookie batter onto lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until slightly hardened to touch. Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.

IMG_4459

Lastly, I made a larger version of Jenna’s blueberry tart:

IMG_4463 Dessert all together:

IMG_4464 Trader Joe’s has great roses:

IMG_4466 Me & Peanut:

IMG_4470 The babes (minus one who was with his grandma):

IMG_4471

Such a great time!!

No comments: